The Road To Sales Performance
Step #1: What Are The Roadblocks?
When sales performance is poor, there are always reasons. The problem is that it is usually very hard to see those reasons, because:
- Someone is usually unwilling to do what must be done
- Someone is usually unable to do what must be done
We start with a scientifically-validated survey of each sales or business development person, to determine:
- Their specific roadblocks
- Whether the roadblocks can be changed
- Should we attempt to train and coach?
- If we train and coach, will they improve?
- By what percentage will they improve?
- When will they improve?
- Should we try to keep them?
Step #2: We’ve Got the Team, So What’s The Plan?
If you get the following right, improvements in sales and business development are usually the result:
- The right compensation plan
- A good sales process
- Appropriate training
- Consistent sales coaching
- An adequate CRM or SFA
- Regular communication between marketing and sales, at all levels
- A regular flow of leads that sales and business development people believe they can close
- A lead nurture program
- Great sales tools
- Accountability for results
- A rational quota
All of that is easy to list, but it’s a challenge, particularly for most service-oriented businesses. We can help!
To find out more about our work in improving sales performance, please contact us.