A Mindset for Growth:
It’s our experience that business growth comes from mindset as much as from having a great offer, being in a great niche, or having great people. You may have success without the right mindset but, if that’s the case, we are confident that the success you have will be a mere shadow of what it could be. The following are indicators of a mindset for growth — in our experience:
- You have a perspective of what can be gained, rather than what could be lost
- You understand that success comes from making the intangible concrete, relevant and valuable
- You aim for excellence, rather than perfection
- You have conviction that results from effective action
- You embrace the thought that growth has three imperatives: 1) marketing,2) sales and business development, 3) leadership
- You know that growth takes commitment, time, and action
- You understand that market alignment is critical. To the degree you are mis-aligned, growth will be sub-par
- You always test, because you know it works.
- You believe that marketing, sales, and leadership are combinations of science and art
- You believe that if you think you can, or if you think you can’t, you’re probably right.
- You don’t take any of this too seriously. Nobody is getting out alive.